Pages

June 10, 2012

Facial Care Regime

facial regimen


Technically, this is my current facial care regime...well the basic that is. Started using Clinique few months ago after mom gave me a set of samples. I was a bit sceptic at first because I have a sensitive skin, when I use certain wrong products I tend to get a burning sensation or minor peeling because its too dry. After using it for the first few days, I was quiet happy with the result. No burning, no tight skin after washing, no peeling. So I wanted to continue to see the result after a month or so.  I don't really say I love the whole set, there were some glitches but some of it I really can't leave without after using it. The best part of this brand is you used it depends on your skin type; very dry to dry, dry to combination, combination to oily or very oily. So, you can treat your skin with the right product unlike certain facial product (I'm combination to oily). Although the downside of it is it can really burn your pocket money, especially when you're a student. Consider it as a product for splurging and not budget friendly. So I'm gonna make a bit review of it.

#1 Facial Wash
The facial was is very mild, doesn't dry out or irritates the skin. It really feels clean and fresh after washing it. You just need a small amount of it, and used it for a long time (yeay!). Overall, I love this facial wash. 

#2 Face Scrub
A love hate relationship with this. The microbeads are small enough to exfoliate the dead skin and at the same time doesn't harm your skin for being too coarse, which is a total love! The hate part, the fact that after washing it I still feel as if the product is still on my face. Feels a bit grimy after wash. 

#3 Facial Toner
Again, a love hate about this product. It contains alcohol and I feel it is too strong and dries a bit of my skin specially on my cheeks *or perhaps, its because I have sensitive skin?* but anyhow after awhile using it I feel the difference, my skin felt smoother. It removes any excess dead skin cells and dirt after washing, you can literally see it after rubbing it with the cotton pad - which is the love part of it. I don't really use toner, I just use it when I feel when my skin isn't clean enough.

#4 Moisturizer
Now, this would probably be my MOST favourite product from Clinique. I seriously just can't stop using it. It's not heavy, it may look heavy but after using and its not oily on the T-zone and just give the right amount of moister besides the T-zone. Now, I usually here people say, people with oily face shouldn't wear moisturizer. I beg to differ, the more you let your skin and not giving any moisture, you are actually forcing your skin to produce oily and this causes breakouts. Basic logic right? You just have to find the proper moisturizer. For me, moisturizer is a must specially when your in area that has air conditioner because it absorbs the moisture from your body. *not joking* If you're in this type of place the whole day, dose up the moisturizer! 

#5 Sunblock
My most crucial must have. I love it because not only it has high SPF to protect my skin from the sun rays, it also acts as my makeup primer. It has a bit tint of colour to look natural. Not too oily unlike certain sunblocks. I just can't leave the house without it. I find that people dislike using it, saying so many  things about it. The one that makes me laugh hard the most is using it will make you faint! HAH! What sorcery is that? Perhaps, you didn't eat for breakfast. Putting something on your skin doesn't affect your body internally unless harmful concentrated chemical. Some said it makes their skin darker - that's not the sunblock. That's the work of melanin in your skin that give you colour of the skin. Sunblock helps you from premature aging, prevents dark spots and breakouts from the sun rays. Prevention is better than cure right?. Even 5 minutes under the sun could harm your skin. So if you love your body and don't want to skip the outdoor activity - Sunblock is the answer.

#6 Makeup Remover
I always believe a happy and clean skin starts from a makeup free skin. Why bother having many types of product on your face is clogged with excess makeup? Women always take lightly when removing their makeup, when its the root of all skin problem. Currently, I'm using both Avene water makeup remover and Biore makeup wipes depends on how heavy my makeup is. Both do their job however the Avene won't work much on waterproof mascara or anything that's waterproof. Well, it is a water-based makeup remover *duh*. That's how the Biore do its job plus I felt more moisturize after using it.


So, that's my whole facial routine, hope you guys enjoy the review. Will update more in the future if I change my routine or products. Till then, XOXO.



No comments:

Post a Comment